Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Marathon : Resurrection Improvements

Posted By: Djof
Date: 2002.8.19.20.29

In Response To: Marathon : Resurrection Improvements *PIC* (Zerostar)

: MAIN SCREEN

This was discussed not too long ago and, I think, was rejected because it requires a special laucher, wich is problem prone on differently configured computers, let alone on different platforms.

: SOUNDEFFECTS
: VOICE RECORDINGS

I'm glad with the one used now, but it's maybe because I'm just used to them. I'd like too see what you can do.

: TERMINALS

Sounds interesting, and there are already ways to create animated textures in UT. But unlike you, I think it would break the calm and cold "prompt" feeling of the Terminals.

: MUSIC

Okay, I'm NOT an expert, but if I understood right, the uxm format UT use is called commonly called "trackers". It only use differently pitched samples, giving a next-to-midi experience. (Please someone get me right, if I'm not.)

I can't listen your pieces now, because the computer I'm on don't have a sound card, but there is another music artist that did some awesome M:R themed pieces, you can ear them at www.file-base.de.vu (Click on "Filebase" and then on "music").

Djof
"Je me souviens"

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.