Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Sounds, M:R

Posted By: Zerostar
Date: 2002.8.20.12.21

In Response To: Sounds, M:R (Grasshopper)

: As far as bob sounds --- Doug did such a great job with
: them, why fuck with that? The only additions I'd
: really like to see is the implementation of unused Bob
: sounds which Doug recorded. I know there was at least
: one floating around the net, an exclamation "I'm
: not assimilated!" and judging from the M1
: developments notes from http://arrival.bungie.org
: there must have been many others.

I agree with you. That's my one hesitation for doing it, however, we thought it'd be cool to have his voice AND many others (because there will be more faces made for M:R BOBS, thus a variety of people). So, it isn't trashing his. It's adding to it. The problem I saw with it in M:R was there simply wasn't enough Doug sounds. He kept saying "They're Everywhere" over and over and over and over and over, and I just thought that we could fix that redundancy. By adding more voices, the experience would become more believable (since Marathon is currently full of Doug clones and no one else), as well as more immersive.

And as far as M2:Beyond, I really want to expand Marathon with this title. I mean, why not? Honestly? How many people are dying for Bungie to make a new Marathon game? We all know it isn't going to happen any time soon (because HALO is practically Marathon - there's a ton of parallels, and the symbol is even used).

This M2 remake isn't going to be M2. If you want to play M2 with some added features, get Aleph One. M2:Beyond is going to go Beyond. And that's the final word there.

And people have been giving me a tough time with my little comment about using Hulks in M2:Beyond. If people really have this big of a beef with it, then maybe we won't do it, but I personally love the hulks, and it made me mad to not see them in M2 and MInfinity. I don't understand why people think it would be bad to put them in?

They look incredible in M:R, and has anyone ever wondered where they went, as far as the story is concerned? I don't know. Whatever you guys think is fine. But, I personally, have been dying to see the Hulks again! Who knows what will happen there.

http://atlasimage.com/m2beyond/index.htm

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.