Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Everyone Read This! *PIC*

Posted By: Zerostar
Date: 2002.8.20.06.16

In Response To: Re: My Apology (To Lt. Et'he) (Durandal)

Things got heated, and I'm sorry. I got really excited, and I think I went overboard. Ian Mankowski e-mailed me, taking time with me, and I now understand that you guys are WAY overworked and WAY underpaid. :)

I apologize for my arrogance. That wasn't me. I think I was just high on the idea of this true-time 3D marathon, and couldn't get enough. What you guys have accomplished is MORE than enough. Again, I'm sorry.

Ian and I have both agreed that it might be time to start a NEW TEAM for a Marathon 2 remake. Then this new team can try to add all the bells and whistles I was asking for, ignorant to all the details.

I really feel about about what I've said in this string. I didn't mean to come off as a jerk. But I won't deny that I did. Sorry. :) Marathon means a lot to me. I won't let you down.

I have thus officially started TEAM DURABILITY, and M2:Beyond. Ian asked me if I would want to begin with a new engine starting from scratch, or if I would rather use M:R as a springboard. I chose to use M:R, so that we can focus on expanding what has taken 3 years to create. (And you guys deserve a vacation!)

I hope I can gain as much support from Team Unpfhorgivn as possible, to help make the Marathon 2 remake a reality.

My intentions with M2:Beyond are to expand it as much as possible. I don't think a straight M2 port would be appropriate. That's what Aleph One is for. Ian agreed with me that it would great to add all of these things I previously suggested, but I totally understand now that Team Unpfhorgivn's priority is to just finish M:R.

So, it is my goal to start where Team Unpfhorgivn has left off. The 'standing on the shoulders of giants' thing. You can read all about it in this string:
http://resurrection.bungie.org/forum/index.pl?read=5161

Thank you for your time, and I can't wait to begin work on M2:Beyond!

-Alexander

http://www.atlasimage.com

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.