Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Something's up...

Posted By: Wail of Suicide
Date: 2005.10.1.09.21

In Response To: Re: Something's up... (Tycho)

: Alright, well lets see what it looks like. I'm not
: adverse to this...

I'll put up a link to the test map I've been using to play around with different things and the texture file when I can get around to it... The texture thing is not my top priority, just something to give myself a little break from working constantly in UnrealED. Right now the texture file is something like 5mb, which is probably much larger than it needs to be, I've been using Bright to export the textures from Photoshop into 8bit format, but I'm fairly sure they're all using different color palettes, so it'll probably drop pretty significantly when I figure out how to merge the palettes of all the different textures.

I'll also change around the textures I was using from SGTech, I found a few good ones elsewhere that I'm pretty sure are default UTX packages, but it might be a few days coming before I get around to that -- I'm trying to take care of some non-M:R things that I've been neglecting, and then I want to jump into Couch Fishing. Once I get tired of looking at that, I'll probably jump back to Colony Ship and try and fix all the problems in one shot. In the meantime, I would appreciate some comments on the map so I know what you think may need work, if anything.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.