Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Something's up...

Posted By: Wail of Suicide
Date: 2005.9.29.11.13

In Response To: Re: Something's up... (Tycho)

Well, I could change the textures or I could just embed the textures into the map (maybe a few hundred extra KB, although I wouldn't want to do that with more than one or two maps).
Right now, because that version of the map has my construction yard in it, it's still got tons of textures that are probably being loaded during map loading that are never used, so I'm not really sure how many textures from non M:R packages I'm using. I think I'm using maybe 3 from SGTech, and I can look into changing those if I find something I like more.

I feel like everyone ought to have SGTech textures (I guess not everyone does though, heh!), and the .utx file is only 7.5 MB.

Another option is, I've been working on a .utx with some animated Marathon textures in it (I've got an animated Terminal, and an in-progress animated Pattern Buffer), what I could do is include the SGTech textures I'm using in the new .utx, so it's only a few hundred KB once, rather than a few hundred KB in every map they're used in.

: Errm, no, that's a bit of a problem. We want to avoid
: like hell using anything but M:R stuff and UT stuff
: that comes with UT and the last update. No BonusPack
: type stuff :( The download will be very large on it's
: own, not to mention the support problems once
: everyone's missing this, that and the other and trying
: to locate everything. Would it be possible replace
: that with regular UT or M:R textures?

:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.