Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

More switches

Posted By: ..
Date: 2005.9.26.22.38

In Response To: Re: Projectile Activated Switches (Captain Kewl)

Thanks for the help there, that actually seems to be working.

: The grenade does 80 damage on impact and then the
: explosion does between 80 and 100. The fusion
: secondary does 80 on impact and some fraction of that
: as it flies through the air.

Another issue I'm having, I don't know if anyone can help me out with this:

There's a mover in "Colony Ship..." that is initially off. There's a nearby switch that turns it on, but when it is "on" it continually loops between its up/down positions.

What I did to try and get this to work was create a basic ActionKeyTrigger and a TimedTrigger. I set the TimedTrigger to initially be off, bRepeating to true, set the repetition interval to the time it takes the mover to move up and down, and set its object state such that OtherTriggerToggles.

Presumably what this ought to do is have the ActionKeyTrigger toggle the activity of the TimedTrigger, so that when the ActionKeyTrigger is active, the TimedTrigger is active, and the mover goes up and down in a loop as it ought to.

However, what I've found is that the mover is always active, which means, for whatever reason, my timed trigger is always going, even without hitting the switch. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working properly in Unreal? From the tutorials and everything I've read, I suspect I have to use a 'Dispatcher' trigger (I was trying to avoid that since I've never used one)...

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.