Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Still no go...same error :(

Posted By: Wail of Suicide
Date: 2005.10.6.11.36

In Response To: Re: Still no go...same error :( (Wolfchild)

Interesting, I haven't really messed with t3d files so I didn't know you could do that, good to know.

What I ended up doing was just subtracting a cube off in no-where's land and applying the SGTech textures to the walls, then selecting a face and using Shift-T to select all textures matching that texture on the map and then just replacing that texture with another texture, then doing a texture cull. (As an aside this is probably a super-fast way to do texture replacement of terminals/buffers.)

Then I manually checked all of my masked textures (which is primarily where I was using SGTech textures, since I liked the grates/etc in that package, although I'm glad I had to replace them, I like the new ones I'm using even more). I noticed that when I was flying around in non-live view that UED was still drawing the SGTech textures on the faces of some of the sheets, even though when you switch to live view they were properly displaying the new textures. So I changed the non-live textures.

Like I said though, pretty sure everything is fixed. No SGTech textures appear when I do texture cull and look at the log file on which textures I'm using, nor is that package loaded in UED's texture browser anymore.

: Sometimes you can have a texture hiding on a face that
: has been subtracted away. You never see it in the map,
: but it still exists. The easiest way to clean these
: textures out is to export the map to a t3d file and
: search it with a text editor. Delete all references to
: unwanted textures and then re-import the map back into
: UEd.

: woof
:

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.