Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Quibbles and bits

Posted By: Dan Rudolph
Date: 2001.8.12.21.17

In Response To: Re: A bunch of little suggestions and questions (Durandal)

I think the fusion pistol would look nicer if it had a blinking light and shook while charging like the Marathon ones.

More on shotguns: If you have one round and two shotguns, you can't fire the empty. I'd prefer handling it like Marathon where the hand with the empty drops off the screen, but just making either trigger fire would do. Also, Marathon's alternate, while yours can be fired at the same time, which isn't quite as cool or useful.

I think the shotgun ammo looks rather drab.

Both teleporters on Waldo go to the same ledge.

AFAIK, there's no way to get to the top tier of EMBM except to start there. And if you jump off the hill, there are lots of 1 inch ledges stick out from the wall you can land on. The elevators could use some work as well since they spend too much time at the top.

A lot of the glowing white-walled areas seem a tad overlit. This is especially noticeable in Mars Needs Women and What Goes Up.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.