Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

One more thing about single player...

Posted By: CyberBob *WP*
Date: 2001.7.29.18.02

In Response To: M:R Fabulous or Flawed? (CyberBob =PN=)

... I was reading way down there that M:R intends to change the aliens to create a more creepy feel. I like the idea, but I don't think darkness alone will help you there. (I am sitting in a pitch-black room and my cat just jumped up my lap and I wasnt scared! :P).

One thing I admired about Bungie was that they made the players enemies with a certain "evil beauty." You could look at them without seeing a slime blob and deformaties or mutations (wight are the notable exception :). The days of single coloured dark levels are long over. They should have been over with Quake (shades of brown?! eew). The Marathon was an intergalactical spaceship with people living on them and I know I would have gone rampant living in dark corridors without any colours.

What I saw on the single player levels were some niftly lightning effects, but I also noticed the lack of scenery...

The aliens invading this ship... why shouldn't they have differently colourcoded uniforms? After a while you will notice... uh oh don't get too colose to those blue ones! They are elite fighters. For some of the smaller pests around though, yea simple animals might be creepy hen attacking in the dark, but unless the AR gets a flashlight it will not create the atmosphere of a creepy sci-fi novel/horror film.

-CB

Subnva Hotline Madness

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.