Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

M:R Weapons

Posted By: macgawd
Date: 2001.7.31.19.40

In Response To: Re: M:R Fabulous or Flawed? (CyberBob *WP*)

First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you for giving us back something that was amazing: The Marathon Experience! Many many hours were spent blasting the hell out of my coworkers in what had to be the best FPS multiplayer experience ever....there were tears in my eyes when I learned of this mod.

For me, the mod installed without incedent, and play was eerilly similar to what I remember--except for a few things. First, the Magnum pistols are waaaay too slow; the original pistol was relatively slow, but with TWO Magnums, you had a rapid fire ass kicking weapon. When I have two Magnums, they fire at the same rate as with one--this is not good. Also, it takes far too much Magnum ammo to put someone down--in the original marathon, you could drop someone with five successive hits with the Magnum--now, it takes almost two clips to do it. Am I the only one having this difficulty? Other than that, The weapons are dead on--I even like the extra recoil you seem to have given the SPNKR and assault rifle. The Plasma pistol is perfect, and the TOZT (thankfully) seems to require a little more effort to use--it used to kill instantly...now the survivability seems more realistic.

With the Magnums as weak as they are, my coworkers have resorted to playing the M:R maps with the UT game type-deathmatch; the Enforcer pistols are far more fun and useful than the M:R magnums, and makes for some exciting, violent gun battles. We have even grown accustomed to the crosshairs--I know that some Marathon purists will shun the use of such crutches, but I find that it makes for extra fun carnage, since you no longer have to think about aiming--just put the crosshairs on the poor sap and fire. Unfortunately, when playing in the UT game modes, the action keys for the doors no longer function, but I feel that the action in the UT gametypes is more exciting, not to mention faster--is there any way around this door function, and do you plan to allow the UT gametypes to be played within the M:R mod?

Macgawd

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.