Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: SNAFU

Posted By: Wail of Suicide
Date: 2005.11.8.23.09

In Response To: Re: SNAFU (Captain Kewl)

Well...

Things have gotten kind of confused, as I've tried a lot of things and unfortunately wasn't very methodical about this when I started, so my errors have compounded on themselves.

When I open up MarathonCard1.u in the Actor Browser, it does show up in the Actor Class Browser... As MarathonDeco1.

Originally it was titled MarathonDeco1, but I decided to name it something more descriptive. I edited the script in UED and changed all the references from MarathonDeco1 to MarathonCard1, and then changed the name of the .u file to MarathonCard1. I also tried to make it inherit the MarathonDecoExtra abstract class, but I don't think the compiler liked that for some reason (basically it told me that MarathonCard1 needed to inherit from Decoration.Actor, or whatever it was exactly).

In any case, right now it does show up, as MarathonDeco1, but if I try and place it in the level it has no model, so somehow that's screwed up.

In trying to fix this, I made both a MarathonDeco1 (with the Class and Model folders and file references set to MarathonDeco1) and a MarathonCard1 (also with the Class and Model folders and file references set to MarathonCard1)...
I was hoping that would work, but I guess not.

: Stupid question: do the actors from MarathonCard1 appear
: in the actor tree? You may also need to compile in
: MarathonDecoExtra.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.