Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Couch Fishing, MMC, and .T3D

Posted By: ..
Date: 2005.9.22.03.32

So "Colony Ship for Sale, Cheap" is almost done -- The holdup here is:

(a) Forge won't run in visual mode on my G4, even if I restart into OS 9, so I can't check which switches control which platforms or how they work

(Basically I need to search the graves of the internet for a saved game editor so I can give myself all the weapons and health I need to fool around in single player without worrying about dying.)

(b) I can't figure out how to get the switches to operate properly in terms of looking on/off

(With regards to (b): I got the switch "mover" working, but it was not lighted correctly in the on position, since that part of the mover was in the wall and therefore received no lighting. I suppose I could try it again, this time using a different mover with faces that are always-bright, avoiding the lighting issue. Right now I'm trying to get a texturetrigger working (these are used in AS-OceanFloor to change the textures on the monitors based on mission objectives). In any case, this is mostly an issue of "Getting it to work the way that I would like" rather than "Getting it to work at all".)

Regardless, I've decided to at least take a look at Couch Fishing so I can refresh myself on the general look of the level and get an idea of what I'll probably need to do to it. However, I don't have the .t3d file for that --

What I did is, went on my G4, opened up Forge. I exported the map from the A1 map file as an individual map. Then I went to http://mmc.randomer.net:8080/ to try and conver the map to .t3d format. Well, I tried it three ways, and haven't gotten it to work. I tried uploading the individual map file (the exported Couch Fishing), which didn't work. Then I tried both the complete M1A1 Map file and the original Marathon Map file, none of these worked. Help?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.