Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

UT or UT2003?

Posted By: Zerostar
Date: 2002.8.20.13.41

In Response To: Re: Zerostar... (Zerostar)

Since I myself have to start learning Unreal's engine from scratch, I am considering using UT2003 for M2:Beyond.

However, I am hesitating because that'd mean we'd have to start ALL OVER, and couldn't use M:R as a springboard, right?

The reason why I feel it's best to use M:R to make M2:Beyond is simply that Carnage Alliance will thus suddenly inherit 3 years of hard work by Team Unpfhorgivn, and hopefully build ontop of that ourself.

But, UT2003 would obviously be a better choice, technologically. I'm just trying to think about time and know-how.

If anyone wants to comment on this, I am eager to hear what you have to say.

If anyone knows UT2003, its editor, and its script, then e-mail me and we'll discuss.

The official plan right now is to just do M2:Beyond with UT, and if the opportunity (and the people) arrive at Carnage Alliance (our team) then perhaps we'll switch to UT2003.

Until then-- We'll see...

http://m2beyond.bungie.org/

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.