Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Some bugs I noticed

Posted By: Vid Boi
Date: 2007.7.12.09.05

Yallo, I absolutely love this. Thank you for making Marathon playable again! (M1A1 was awesome too, but I don't seem to be able to get used to those controls again anymore...)

I was reviewing M:R on the wonderful Swedish site Cmd-N and I really wanted to give it 5/6 but I had to settle for 4/6 because of some bugs and things! =/

So here are my annoyances, I hope they can be fixed in some future minor update:

What's the deal with the life rechargers? Some of them work fine, but most of them only work if you stand at a certain place at a certain distance and look at them, or sometimes away from them, at a certain angle. Weird.

Cold Fusion seems to crash if you look toward the wall at a certain location, the same thing also happened on Habe Quiddam.

"Smells Like Napalm, Tastes Like Chicken" and lava-heavy levels like "Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!" are impossibly choppy, even when I bring the graphics settings down as low as they'll go. (On a 2x2 GHz G5, 2.5 GB RAM)

After using dual Magnums for a while, the left one stops working.

A few times I have been unable to fire after reading terminals, I don't know why.

Reading the end terminal on "Smells Like Chicken" before completing the level goal also screws everything up.

Other than that (and the music not working, but I've been told that's not your fault and can't be helped) I love it, especially how good the 3D models turned out, and especially the Hunter. Awesome. Good work!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.