Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Down MADD! Bad MADD! No Biscut!

Posted By: Designator_Hawk
Date: 2004.12.9.07.20

Ok...a few quick questions. I've almost got all of the creatures placed in the map, and I'm noticing a few things I could do with a little advice on.

How do you get the Evil MADD to actually do anything? I've tried turning the Attiude to player to ATT_Hate, but the damn things don't seem to respond. I've probably missed something here. How do I get blue enforcers? the enforcerMajor? I guess the texture isn't in yet.

Could you please explain the different intelligence levels in relation to M:R (None, Reptile, Mammal, Human) do they affect performance? Is there ever a need for these to be altered? (apart from shits & giggles) ;) what of the orders tags also?

Do we modify anything for the different skill levels, or does the game engine automaticaly modify difficulty? Does triggering a Monster cause it to become active and hunt out the player? If yes this would make some of the transforms in the game much more true to the origional.

Script things:
MADD need to be tweaked down a bit - usually it takes a handful of passes to kill a PhforEnforcer, not just one. Also: MADD are always active, you'll find that they have wasted your enemies before you get there, is there a switch in the creature menus that I have missed?

I'd also like to commend you on the special effect associated with the MADD drones - very, very cool. And the other creatures are done with more heart and soul than the origional game... my level keeps on wasting me... I must be a little low on practice.

I'd be greatful if someone could lend me a hand with this, I'm unfamiliar with the Marathon system and need a bit of a toe up here. Usually when I programme AI, I aim to make it real smart, and then labotimize it - I never knew how the origional worked so will have to try and emulate the behaviour.

Cheers guys
-Designator Hawk

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.