Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: What is it about Marathon?

Posted By: Finch
Date: 2001.11.4.12.35

In Response To: What is it about Marathon? (DreamCatcher)

I know what you talking about, and i also dont know what it was. Some of it could have been the style. Most other FPS games have pretty normal enimies, demons, large tooth drooling aliens, nazis, etc but marathons enimies were very bizzare. they werent actually scary looking, but you just didnt expect it, and they kept that up through out the whole game. I also think the ambient noise helped alot, All other FPS had terrible midi music (doom) yet marathon2 had only ambient noise, and i think in a way it made it seem so much more real.

well i tried but i honestly dont know what ti was that made marathon so great. you would think that somehting like half-life would be more emersive, more gripping, more powerful just becasue of the graphics and newer technology, but it just isnt.

you know what, im going off to start up my old 68040 mac and play through 2 again.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.