Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: OS X + UT2004 + M:R = Nothing?

Posted By: Tycho
Date: 2007.11.17.13.29

In Response To: Re: OS X + UT2004 + M:R = Nothing? (Astrobadger)

: How, on God's green Earth do I get Marathon:Resurrection
: to work? These support and manual pages are a-bys-mal.
: I spent HOURS just figuring out wtf a umod installer
: was then more finding one for OS X. That's
: "X" as in after W and before Y, not the
: number 9. I'm tearing my hair out here.

We appreciate and admire your keenness for playing M:R, and we share in your enthusiasm, however, as abysmal as the support and manual pages are, we have repeatedly stated on numerous occasions that M:R requires UT99, not UT2004. Therefore, sadly, you have the wrong UT. You shouldn't feel too bad, UT2004 is still an excellent game, and there are some great mods out there for it too, but M:R requires UT99. Search this forum for other info on what is required to play UT99 and refer to this section of the news release on our news page:

"Requirements:

- A working copy of the original Unreal Tournament (patched to version 436, or version 436 from the Unreal Anthology)*
- Any computer system that can run aforementioned copy of Unreal Tournament including, but not limited to computers that run Windows XP, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X with Classic (OS 9 environment), Mac OS X with Unreal Tournament with the Unreal Tournament OS X Preview 3 Release."

We hope this helps and you get things working for you.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.