Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Single player bugs (and praises)

Posted By: Tycho
Date: 2007.7.12.23.19

In Response To: Single player bugs (and praises) (Ssargon)

: That said, its a bit buggy in the single player campain
: (but you already know this). I am at the level
: "Welcome to the revolution" and I cant seam
: to be teleported off the map at the last terminal (the
: one thats high up a moving "staircase". On
: numerous occations I have been able to escape bugs by
: using "ghost" followed by a quick
: "walk" when the bug is passed but this one
: it a bit harder to pass. I can read the terminal but
: it doesnt send me off. Stupidly, the last save I have
: thats before that level is quite a few levels back so
: I am wondering it its any chance its a problem that
: occurs for everyone (and thus might get fixed so that
: I dont have to replay 5-6 maps :-).

Thanks for the praises and I'm glad you're enjoying the game! We are aware there are some issues, but we also DO want people to point the stuff out because there will be a map patch (with perhaps a few things added/fixed/adjusted) coming soon.

That said, there's probably a lengthy story to be told about this final M:R release, and about the project in general, and I've held off telling it because there might be better avenues for it in the near future, but suffice to say that as much as we tried to make things "close to perfect", it just wasn't feasible to have time and test things to the degree required for everything to be perfect, and also release this at a point in time when people would still care about it.

As to "Welcome to the Revolution"...this wasn't an issue we knew about, but Wail has since fixed the problem, meaning the fix will be available in the upcoming map patch that will fix a myriad of other problems as well. In the meantime, if you'd like to progress to the next level instead of waiting for the patch, cheating is your avenue as you know. You can open the next level by typing 'open SPMR-26-TryAgain.unr" and then use the summon command to get whatever weapons you want. If you need a list of summonable weapons, let me know and we'll post it. Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope this helps :)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.