Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

In the beginning...

Posted By: Lt. Et'he
Date: 2007.7.9.04.26

I was first involved with Marathon:Resurrection back in mid to late 99... I have two dates in my mind, one is in August, the other is in December... But I suspect my August memory was my excitement upon first learning about Halo at Macworld 99... So December is probably when I first started talking to Durandal.

December 99 makes me a senior in highschool with a 94' Dodge Spirit (aka the red torpedo) and me flip flopping between going to west point or going to art school to major in animation.

The Resurrection project was already 3 to 6 months old at the time, as its earliest origins date back to Wolfchild's Frogblast the Ventcore maps, a series of UT maps he made that recreated Marathon multiplayer levels.

What bright energetic days those were. I barely knew 3D. I didn't know shit about PCs, and had only the vaguest of notions of how in the world to build a Mod while working in a Mac, with tools I didn't understand. As I described it to a friend a couple of years ago, building Resurrection for me, was akin to building a 747, in an autoplant, telecommuting to work, and reading the manual as you built the airplane...

That's why we have young kids... So when the adults shake their heads and say. "That's not gonna work." The kid stands up and says, "try and stop me."

One foot after another, one foot after another.

I went to art school. Got my BA in animation. I was a hair's breath away from West Boint. Been an awfully different story if that had happened. Marathon was a large part of that decision, and by extension, so was Resurrection.

See ya starside.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.