Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: The Pfhor

Posted By: Lt. Et'he
Date: 2005.2.2.02.02

In Response To: Re: The Pfhor (Red_Radish)

: Oh, and I would like to point out that the 'incorrect eye
: position' is the CORRECT position for most enemies,
: and the fighters eye position is the M2 and Minf
: position. The original arrangment was called ' the
: circus clown position' by Bungie itself. But man,
: you're going way over the top with all the 'lifeless
: and dead' hooey; those were just because of sprite
: limitations. Also, like you point out, the limitations
: of UT are a factor.

: Oh, and chill.

: Red_Radish
: 73377373737377733773!

I'm just happy to see everyone is still passionate about all of this to argue about it.

I would love to go back and rework this entire thing for you with incredible graphical coolness. The skills are greatly honed since 3-5 years ago when I did most of the creatures for this mod.

However, that would require me to drop women, jobs, money, surfing, roller blading, you know, the whole life thing. So I'm afraid I'll have to let M:R deal with the best I and my compatriots were able to do at the time. It's a nostalgic beast for me now, not only because of the game, but because of the content created for it, reliving the memories, the long nights and total inexperience working on this labor of love.

Though I heard some bitching about not having dead Bobs, or bobs on a table. Maybe I'll etch something out of my schedule to bring you the coolest dead Bob EVER. =)

Seriously, glad to see that this still inspires people to argue about the details. Shows the project is still breathing.

http://legentertainment.com

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.