Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Thanks all, and some other Marathon software

Posted By: Dave Parson
Date: 2004.1.1.00.52

In Response To: Re: Hello everyone, and a quick question (BriM)

Thanks guys, I knew I should just go out and buy the thing.

After searching around for more information about Marathon on the PC these past few days I finally found a nice solution. Though most of you probably already know about it, here is what I have found...

There's a piece of software named AlephOne which is an open source port of the Marathon 2 engine, and a group named Orbital Arm has created a full version of Marathon for this engine named M1A1 (http://orbitalarm.bungie.org). If you're like me and just want to play Marathon again, this software will definitely do the job. The engine supports OpenGL so things are very fast and textures are smoothed nicely, but MR will certainly have a lot of advantages once it is complete.

Also during my searches I found a neat page exploring the story of Marathon (http://marathon.bungie.org/story/). The content is a little hard to find but if you scroll down about 60% in the left panel, there are a lot of interesting discussions about the story, its characters, dates, and even a history of Bungie (named "Marathon Scrapbook"). For instance, there was actually a little known book the story was based upon. That's just the beginning of all the stuff they have there.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.