Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Lima

Posted By: Flynn
Date: 2002.7.30.09.33

I stopped back in to see the solution and was amazed to find that as of yet it's still unsolved. After reading through what is known, I think the solution can be figured out from below:

.....b..l...

Baltimore is the capitol of Maryland.
Lima is the capitol of Peru.

The coordinates Mnemisis posted for circle 9, which is known to be near Peru, plot directly south of Lima, Peru. Which lends me to believe perhaps he was a little off on one of his measurements.

This is further supported by the whole '12 circles to rule them' as capitols rule.

My theory is that every place will be a capitol, and when you take the first letter of each capitol it will give you the code.

We know for a fact circle 6 is Baltimore. The coordinates of Baltimore are 39 10 76 40. Mnemesis measured 39 51 76 14. Pretty close.

For circle 9 he has 19 71 77 33, however, lima is 12 03 77 03. Not so close. Should be more like 12 78. A difference of 5 degrees!

Now we know it's by Peru, so we know he's doing the right thing because his coordinates are by peru, so that confirms his measurements for Baltimore aren't just a cooincidence.

So the huge glaring problem here is this, if the angle measurements are off even a little, then the degrees are going to be off which is going to be a difference of a whole lot on a map.

I don't really care to print it out and measure every angle and then plug the numbers into mapquest ( http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp ) in various configurations looking for the closest capitol. But I think if someone does they will have the answer. BTW, unless you figure out a way to tell which is the degree and which is the minute as well as whethere it is + or - then there are a multitude of combinations for each set.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.