Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Glow in the dark and funny fact. (Pics, 277kb)

Posted By: Djof
Date: 2001.12.18.22.44

1) Glow in the dark player models.

I once talked about that to Wolf (loooong time ago, soon after 1.1 got out I think), but I don't think he understood me. I never had the chance to do screenshots, because of the lack of cooperative players (with time to waste). But that was remedided tonight by a pretty much AFK Wolfy, 60Mb of .bmp and an automated Photoshop 5 resise/compress session. So here are the screens, pfh34r them.

Can you see the light around the player?

And as it is better seen from far away, here are some shots brought to you by SPNRK propulsion(tm):

Another map you can see it easily is on EMBM2K. If you are on the highest level, looking down at someone on the bottom floor, it is clearly visible and it is that way I noticed it the first time. Interresting also, on Thunderdome, that light circle made by a player on the top of the "ceiling" can be seen from below, making it easy to know were the player is. Try it with a willing friend!

2) Funny fact of the day.

You guys on the team will surely know that, but I was pretty amused when I discovered that it actualy hurts to have someone on your head!

Disclamer: The following screenshots display violence as a inocent "Woolfy" gets killed from above... without GUNS, NOR FISTS! (PG-16)

Most probably the only time I'll get a frag outta Wolf without taking serious damage :)

That's it!

Djof
"Je me souviens"

PS: I hope I'm not hurting any 56Ker in they constitutional rights to a all-text web experience. If so, try Lynx :)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.