Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Was NOT fun to play

Posted By: Designator_Hawk
Date: 2002.10.28.04.13

In Response To: Re: Was NOT fun to play (Specter)

EoaSo

Sorry guys, I could not make it. From hearing your reports, I would have found it horrorfrying.

Learn to use your ping, it can be quite an effective weapon, in that when you dodge around a corner, you will see what is there a split second before they see you - bet you never though of it that way. Helps to have the maw of something large resting over your shoulder though.

But I have found no use for clipping errors...
Or Jonah Lomu Rugby on the Playstation for that matter.

What about a zeroping patch. It is simply a system that allows a persons computer to to hitchecking, and then relays the event to the master server. The idea is not new, and is activley used in Aliens vrs Predator, X-Wing Alliance and many other games.

If the hitchecking for instant weapons was one on the players machine it would allow weapons such as the pistol, wastem, AR etc. to be used more effectivley. Projectile weapons could use an infinity ping system, in that the position of the projectile is sent to the master server 300 ms (example of the size of the ping) along its path, and for the 300ms compensating on the players machine, hitchecking can be performed.

I often play instagib on a zp| server, inwhich the average ping is about 800. Mine varies between 1200 and 3000, but I can still hold my weight because of the zeroping patch.

I wounder if more people would play provided this was an option.

SoEoa
-Designator Hawk

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.