Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: UT2003

Posted By: Deisngator_Hawk
Date: 2002.10.3.04.22

In Response To: Re: UT2003 (Boomer)

EoaSo

I am beginning to wounder (with some searching also) if this small tidbit of information was removed from the game. Think: Pzbxay.

May I redirect you attention to 1993. A beta copy of Marathon was leaked onto the net, this had "Beta Do Not Distribute" etched into the HUD, and only had two different kind of aliens, with none of the consoles working, and a deadly recoil on the SPNKR. This name I speak of was present in this copy, and is also present in the Demo (If I recall properly). The cheats were different also.

Cut the crap Hawk, no one is ever going to find this.

Right, if you look at the HUD for Marathon, there is a small black square above the motion detector, and below the oxygen and sheild levels. If you play a multiplayer game, you name will be written in this box. Henceforth, if there is a word written in this box during single player, would it not suggest that this is the name of "the Player"?

It should now be blindingly obvious (that the name is there, or I am talking S**t), and if you cannot see the word "Aslag" in that box (at least in the demo) I guess the skin I submitted will need to be renaimed "CyCox Aslag" (CyCox is the exoskeleton - Aslag is the person inside it).

SoEoa
-Designator Hawk

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.