Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

FYI

Posted By: sdman
Date: 2002.9.21.18.53

just writing to the dev that the mod looks great and can't wait to see the finished thing.

some thoughts i'm sure has been brought up, but i don't have the time to sift thru this forum, so here they are:

- target crosshair. did the original lack crosshairs? can't remember.

- minimaps. i don' t see it in the betas yet. hopefully they will be implemented.

- reload button. the original marathon didn't have it but either, but it'll be nice to have it instead of emptying a clip everytime. (plus a throwing-away-the-clip animation)

- enable UT's gansta style pistol shooting for the magnums. if not, then add sniper mode for the magnums. they're fun.

- can i map the use/open door key to some other key?

- jumping/aerial & gravity physics stuff. i remember i had to grenade-hop and/or run-and-skip off a ledge and can change my course in the air, but here i just need to jump. in later levels, the physics is crucial to get access to further areas, i hope this has been addressed. more on this below:

- make those pain-in-the-ass levels easier: i'm not talking about the difficulty/numbers of the bad guys; keep them original or make them smarter without ruining the game. there are certain levels where tyou have to turn on switches and run and jump thru mazes ala tombraider style. i always find that part of marathon tedious and a waste of time. given that the physics in the current mod is slightly different, players either will be unable to complete the sequence (ie: you're jumping too high and you drift over the cliff you're supposed to land on) or you have to modify the levels so there's more slack and you don't have to be all that precise (ie: longer duration or slower motion on moving blocks).

- will we ever see m2:durandel conversion? that's really my favorite game. hopefully it will be faster to make after you finish this mod. i like the level where a hundred phor soliders come out of the walls inside the alien spaceship. i also like the shotguns. i miss the shotguns.

Messages In This Thread

• FYI -- sdman -- 2002.9.21.18.53

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.