Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: So quiet....

Posted By: Tycho
Date: 2008.7.30.21.39

In Response To: So quiet.... (thedoctor)

: Hey there, Team Unpfhorgiven!

: I have noticed that a deadly silence has taken over here
: at the Pfhorums - I just wanted to ask if theres still
: something that we can expect from this project in the
: near future - or has work definetely stopped?

: It's been over a year since your 2.0 release - any status
: updates on the latest work?

: Wail, are you still with us?

Things have definitely been quiet. Wail is usually quite regularily on #marathon with us, but he has had to attend to some personal matters too. The main updates that were on our wishlist after 2.0 were map improvements and some patches for things like the AR (which are mostly done, actually). We also noticed that for some reason 2.0 shipped with the non-high resolution Pfhor textures, and I'm not sure why that was, so that was supposed to be patched as well. At this point the main holdup is simply not having the time to attend to this stuff. CaptainKewl was doing most of the code/compiling work, and he's been on an extended hiatus, but his isn't the only blame. He can't code/compile if stuff isn't there for him to do that with. The rest of the work was mostly in Wail's domain, and he's actually been absent the last few days. Hopefully he returns and can give some kind of status update from his end.

Most importantly though, are you guys still with us? I'm glad to see people still come up and keep the dream alive, so to speak, so who's still here? Thanks, thedoctor, for taking the lead.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.