Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: The Terminal: Reimagined

Posted By: Wail of Suicide
Date: 2007.11.6.23.11

In Response To: The Terminal: Reimagined (Captain Bob)

Watched the video. Kinda liked it, but I'll explain.

I do like the idea of doing something with the terminals, but I'm not entirely sure what I'd like to see done. I don't think I want to see an anthropormorphized version of any of the AIs. I think if we wanted them to be represented visually, they should probably be more iconic than human.

Sound, I think, could work. But it'd be tricky. I wouldn't want them to sound too human, they are AIs. I also don't think you'd want them to sound too robotic, because there are portions of their terminal text that demand a bit of emotiveness (the voice in your Durandal was a little bit too human, too glib)... Handling garbled text is another odd issue, particularly because there are things hidden in the garbled text that are important to the game or are important to the story.

What I'd actually like to do, at least in some places is something like this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1idoPjC27g

Messages In This Thread

• The Terminal: Reimagined -- Captain Bob -- 2007.11.6.21.55
    • Re: The Terminal: Reimagined -- Wail of Suicide -- 2007.11.6.23.11

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.