Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Ma75b - the M1 model.

Posted By: Designator_Hawk
Date: 2005.3.13.02.18

Gidday guys, long time no see. I've got a request to make.

A while ago I was working on a model for the origional Ma75 Assault Rifle. Pretty much everything was done, except it needed a little touching up on the UV maps in first person, perhaps a little work on the textures, and a reload animation for the grenades (god forbid how I can put THAT in...)

As an intersting note: after drawing the weapon to scale, I couldn't actually get the persepctive used in the game - it would seem that bungie made an oversight when they drew the weapon as the island on the top of the rifle will obscure the front if the weapon is truly aiming forward. In the image of the origional Ma75b it had to be aiming about 30 deg. upward. So this new one is being held at the shoulder.

Catch is: My copy of milkshape went down something wicked, and I can't seem to get it going again. I've since started work with Blender, and just can't make progress on the Ma75 with any programme.

The clincher is here: is there anyone with the knowledge of scripting and animation in milkshape that could make that final animation for me, or are people inclined to say: What the hell, just give us the Ma75b?

Considering I'm not online often anymore, please send me an E-Mail if you are interested (Designator_Hawk@hotmail.com) or just bug tycho for the files and the mutator. I'd really like to see this project finished, as it's something I've pined for years. Failing that, I'll try to check back here ASAP.

-Designator Hawk

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.