Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Posted By: Grasshopper
Date: 2004.6.18.23.28

A few rungs and obstacles towards perfection have been achieved; while 1.3 is sweet, the final will achieve some kind of gaming/storytelling nirvana that will exceed current AAA titles and possibly future titles as well.

The new critters are good to great. Enforcers are solid, the new alien weapon HUD kicks (and makes me wish there was a similar effect to all weapons in the HUD -- when you get hit, get a slight static flicker of sorts), Hunters... I imagined them taller, but the melee attack makes up for that. To be honest, what I've enjoyed the most are the melee fights vs regular Pfhor fighters. I barely made my way out of Arrival -- and that's saying a lot. The juggs are awesome (although I wish they were the darker, gun metal that they were in M1), wasps are killer, MADDs look a tad cartoonish (maybe they need to be darker or more distressed), lookers are just about perfect. I still think that your weapons, in particular the SPNKr own the Halo counterpart (with its wussy damage, slow speed, dorky looks), although I miss the red and white rockets that stick out like the prize they are in multiplayer.

Wishlist:

1. A melee attack for each weapon. Running punch damage when either jumping of (better) flip-forwarding (double tap W). I don't mind having an extra key for this.

2. Eliminate the "landing footsteps" sound. I hear it all the time -- too much. I'd rather think of the Mjolnir IV as well as the Pfhor as "floating" or "treading lightly"

3. Think back on what the graphic for "You think you're big time, you're gonna die big time," looked like. It had a Phfor projectile fighter, in the middle of shooting a proj from his staff. The Pfhor staff animation would benefit from looking a bit better, with corona/fusion/whathaveyou effects. It's one of the things the playing in the solo campaign is going to see the most.

Ok -- I will shut up now. Amazing job -- please keep it going. Oh, and Wolfchild sucks, that Halo sellout. This could beat the shit out Halo, from a thoner's perspective anyway hehe.

-gh

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.