Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: What kind of help are you guys needing...

Posted By: Tycho
Date: 2003.12.25.23.56

In Response To: What kind of help are you guys needing... (Col.Deep Spawn)

I believe I have answered this before, but nonetheless...

The only showstopping thing right now are the maps. Woofy can finish a couple more, but he no longer has access to a PC to continue doing most of the maps. That gives up basically about 7 or 8 single player maps finished...out of 27...which looks daunting, but it's doable..

Here's the deal: I've just finished texturing the wasp and it will be animated soon...the only unfinished aliens are the ticks, and Ethe said he'll finish that model and it'll get textured shortly after, ditto with the animation. Captain's finishing the code for them. Level textures, sounds, sprites and everything else is either done or very close to being done...which basically puts us in a position of being almost 100% done with everything except the maps.

Now the maps have some geometry and texture placement done, as they've been parsed from M1 through the Marathon Map Converter that randomer made, bless him. What they really need is someone who knows the original maps to go through them and make them be those maps, correct textures, add new and improved lighting that UT offers, spruce them up as it were, place monsters and tell them how to get to things, fix up terminals to show what they need to, while at the same time make sure that the maps are technically sound too...i.e. no walking through closed doors, no stuck elevators etc. The trixie part is, jumping...the levels need to have minor adjustments made to compensate for the ability to jump that's there in UT, but not in the original Marathon..and no, we're not going to be taking jumping out...

So, that said...obviously we need mapping help...obviously we welcome all help offered and obviously, we don't really have the time to spend with "training" someone or to do many more "trial" runs because this has already dragged on for too long..so long that some oldschool team members are no longer very keen on finishing even...which is bad. Hope that answers your question, and gives everyone an idea of where we are and what we'd like to have happen.

When I have 100% of everything done except the maps, I'll try my hand at asking around for some extra help as well, but until then, please...step forward, don't be shy.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.