Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Recording a match.

Posted By: SilentMan
Date: 2003.8.1.17.22

In Response To: Recording a match. (Lt. Et'he)

: I am vaguely aware that there is a way to record UT
: games... Anybody shed light on this?

: Also, anybody know how to record a game for exportation
: to an .avi or .mov?

: Any insights greatly appreciated.

For recording demos I would dl and use Demomanger 3.0 by Usaar33. It has this nice feature where you can choose to always record your games. Just don't forget to turn that off when you have captured the games you want ;). The demomanger will also make it easy to find and replay your demos.

For converting your demo into avi or mov use Fraps or Camtasia. IMO Fraps' the better choice. They will both give you the output as an avi but you can use Adobe Premier or something like that to edit and convert the movie into anything you like.

The perhaps best way to convert the demo is to use UnrealMovie++ because that is a mod that you use from inside UT. However, if you are running XP as me you can forget it. It is not compatible. I acctually used the previous version of MU and that gave about a million bmp files that had to be converted into avi :). That took some time I can tell you. Also, the MU will not record any sound so you'll have to add that later on. (Did you know that the AR rifle sound is only one shot?. Do you know how many shots can be fired in a hot and angry AR duel while playing Sans???? It's a lot I can tell you!)

Anyway, good luck with your capturing and editing. If you run into any problems and you think that I can help just email me or catch me on MSM (andbergh@hotmail.com).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.