Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Regarding the SMG...

Posted By: Khral
Date: 2001.7.16.01.04

In Response To: Re: Crosshairs? (Guns and ammo)

: What about the SMG then?

I made a search on the forum and came up with only one explanation. This one guy said that the SMG wasn't a Marathon 1 weapon. But neither are the designs for the MA75 and SPNKR. Also from what I hear there'll be shotguns. The shotgun was only present in Marathon 2 and Infinity. Both the MA75 and SPNKR designs were taken from Marathon 2 and Infinity.

I looked over the screenshots again and noticed that both Marathon 1 and Marathon 2 textures were used for the maps. But then again some of those displayed maps could have been produced by a 3rd party author (Ventcore?), so we really don't know for sure. I get the feeling that this mod isn't just about Marathon 1, but rather a fusion of the entire series.

As for the SMG, one desktop picture did have a model of it in the weapon lineup. Someone mentioned that the desktop image was old, so there is the possibility that it was later scrapped. Or perhaps the developers are simply teasing us and that it IS in the game. At the very least we know a model was built for it, so it's better than nothing.

The SMG alone is an amazing weapon. Some people may argue that the MA75 could replace it. Anyone who has played Marathon Infinity knows this isn't true. Rather than having a grenade launcher like the MA75, the SMG's main strength comes from its ability to fire at an incredibly fast rate with devastating power... but the downside is its rapid ammo consumption. It also has the ability to fire underwater (will the whole firing underwater thing be implemented in the mod?). And above all... the weapon looks dead sexy!!

Umm... does the Resurrection team take briberies? =)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.