Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

In Remembrance.

Posted By: Lt. Et'he
Date: 2003.2.16.02.04

In Response To: Re: The Defender of (Lt. Et'he)

I remember a hundred battles in Myth 2 with Ar-Isildur. We were of comparable rank, little princes and lords who came together for some good smackdown of our opponents. We fought together because we found that neither was an ass, and we worked together well. Neither of us got beyond the rank of lord. Indeed we spent much of our time simply trying to get our hats everytime the b.net servers were reset. In him, I remember finding someone who liked playing for rank, but was not obsessed with dominating the chart, and we immediately took to each other for that reason. When I played games with him, there was never any bad blood between us, or afterwards towards those who had beaten us, or those we had beaten. He was always a spot of good naturedness in an online world filled with immature juveniles and insecure adults.

In general, I don't make online friends, because I don't take the time to speak during a game.
Ar-Isildur took the time to speak to me, and his company was the first and most significant event in which I found decency from someone online.

I stopped playing Myth 2 and turned to other things; we never took the time to follow through, content with just teaming up online if we happened to be on the b.net servers at the same time. Though I never spoke with Brian Morden, I read his posts, and saw his name on the credits.

It is only now that I've been able to make the connection between the two people who are the same individual.

I Remember.

Lynn

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.