Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Processing...

Posted By: Designator Hawk
Date: 2003.1.28.22.59

In Response To: Re: Link for you ;) (SilentMan)

EoaSo

I don't know that anyone in the M2003 team can run UT2003. I sure can't - overheats sytem majorly: GF2, 800 mHz AMD Duron 128 MB RAM - except in winter when the room temperiature is about 12 deg cel. can I get away with playing it. My mates comp (512 MB Ram 2.4 GHz) has difficulty running UT2003 with everything on, but the graphics are supurb, and the Karma physics are soo cool that you hang around in odd places just to see what happens to your guy when you get killed. However, there is a nasty anti-piracy lock, where if the programme thinks you have pirated it, it will lock up. After having this happen every 15 min, I took it back to the shop, demanded a refund, and kept the editing and engine files on my machine. Now the folder is only 500 MB as opposed to 2.46 Gig - but that is all I need.

If you are having real problems running it, try this:
(got it working on a 800 MHZ, 128 with a Nivida vanta 8mb)

1) Search through the ini file, and set all of the internal detail levels to 'lowest' which will drastically cut down, um, let me see, everything (can't do this in game)

2) Mipmaps, cube maps, shadows, foliage etc. OFF

3) Play around with the precauche for audio/graphics (I found 16 MB was best), and turn ingame music off. Tweak the audio in the ini down to 2 channels (can't do in game)

4) Graphics: The game won't allow you to do this, but chop colour depth right down (haven't tride anything lower than 16 bit, but give it a go if you will) and alter the fullscreen X and Y. To throw some menu buttons you might need detail higher than 300*400 but you can go to a window to do that.

5) Out of UT: Don't overclock the card: big no-no. If you have a Geforce, check the tweak guides, but go to task manager and remove all other functions apart from explorer (63% system usage or 93%, umm, let me see?)

Now that you have finished tearing the balls outta UT2003, it will probably run (if you call that running!)

Wounder if we should be making this as a mod for Vivisector?

SoEoa
-Designator Hawk

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.