Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Crosshairs

Posted By: Designator Hawk
Date: 2002.8.2.20.29

In Response To: Crosshairs (Radoria)

There are no crosshairs, your computer is fine.

There was a discussion about this previously, and I heard some talk of a "crosshair bot", but I think Marathon is a game where gut instinct replaces a crosshair; basically because there are no weapons which are really need one one. With the Assult rifle, WASTEM and TOSTZ, the spread is so wide that a crosshair is not really needed, and the plazma pistol requires huge foreplanning to get a shot at a moving target. The SPYNKR is the SPYNKR, and in light of that, a crosshair is only required for the pistol (if life is that bad) or the ZMG.

Hey, if life gets that bad, put something on the screen. Does not help with a ping over 300 though.

Personally I miss the vision enhancement or "iseeyou" (remember "pzbxay" "aslag" and all of the other fun cheats which did not work during multiplay. Tell the players to hold down apple, and type in doom cheats. They would type "iddqd" and quit the game)

There is a means and a way.

-Designator Hawk

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.