Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

To all the AI, Just some thoughts.

Posted By: mysog
Date: 2002.7.31.23.22

I just want to say that I can cannot express my gratitude enough for making the journey fun, even though we dont know what the 'destination' will be like. I think I speak for us all that we are pumped for the release because I believe that from a game perspective Marathon is the most underrated FPS ever created (IMHO). Now that the ass kissing is over (for now) there are a few observations that I would like to make, and a few things that I would like to get clarification on.

Fisrtly the puzzles
There is no doubt that you spent a lot of time..errr CPU cycles creating these fun puzzles but I think that on level five you may have outstepped the limits of what the average lump of neural mass can accpmplish. I say this because the direction of the puzzle was largely arbitrary and somehow EVEN in retrospect I can see that we were up against a hell of a puzzle. I totally understand that we were meant to be stumped and we were supposed to work together, but I hope that you realize that this puzzle would have remain unsolved for years if it weren't for your hints (A note to the people who tried the puzzle: IT WAS HARD, YOU ARE NOT MENTALLY CHALLENGED FOR NOT GETTING IT). From now on I (humbly) suggest that 1)there be a common thread 2)the direction of the first step be a little more clear.

Secondly The Game
Now I cannot say that I have played the beta of this mod as UT has not made it back on to my HD after the reinistall. I was hoping that you could enlighten me as to the status of this (suspected) coming release. Is it a demo? What is the time frame for the full release. In other words, we know a treat is coming, but I have been salivating for so long that my mouth is dry.

Thirdly more ass kissing
Like I said earlier, I am totally impressed by the work you have done here in the past 2/3 weeks, and I am equally impressed by the enthusiasm of the pfhorum. I look forward to the release and maybe some more puzzles, but I hope not to be overwhelmed again because a week ago was the first time I 'gave up' on anything I'd started in many many years.....it was a humbling experience

Teleporting (to bed) NOW.

Mysog

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.