Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Interesting...

Posted By: Melkor
Date: 2002.7.29.19.23

One thing about puzzles that people seem to be overlooking is that, alot of puzzles have extra things in them to confuse the solver. Sometimes the answer is a bit simpler than you'd think, we know that the answer involves angles. I think we're trying the wrong angles. Has anyone noticed the "compass" to the right of the "puzzle?" There is a line for what we'd think would be North, East, South, and West, and a line at 45 degrees going though it, perhaps that is the angle, it tells us how to orient the map.

We know that Circle 6 is Baltimore, and Circle 9 is near Peru. So, I looked up Peru in mapquest and zoomed out so I could see Baltimore too. Lined up the circles 6 in the Baltimore area, and 9 through the star where the middle of Peru is. The first thing you would notice is that, a couple of the lines start on land, but none of the dots make landfall.

If you rotate the "puzzle" a negative 45 degrees (like the line on the "compass"), interesting things happen. They may not be accurate because I don't know if I have it oriented exactly correct due to not knowing the exact location in Peru. The Green and Red dots stay segrigated between the contenets.

--3 Red dots in Quebec
--1 Red dot is near Prince Edward Island (I think, I'm not up to date on Canadian geography)
--1 Red dot is near Maine
--1 Red dot is near Florida

--4 Green dots in Brazil
--1 Green dot in Venesuala (spelling?)
--1 Green dot is near Equador
--1 Green dot is near Peru

Perhaps this helps. I don't know how it would make a password though.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.