Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Fundamental Problem with 3d picture!

Posted By: mysog
Date: 2002.7.12.17.59

Bear with me here!
As I am sure you are all aware, there is a major problem with seeing this as a 3d scattergram. The problem is that there is no sense of depth so we dont know weather the dots are getting closer or further in the horizon. That means that every dot has 2 possible coordinates which implies a huge amount of possibilities. Now the data (dots and lines) are largely unimportant until we decipher what the key is and what the key signifies. I beleive the key is
1)The number 120.

This is an ambiguous number cause it could be totally arbitrary but it is also a common factor of 360, 180, 90 and so forth which implies degrees.
2)The yellow dotted line.

This line I beleive is linked to the number 120 simply because of the matching colors. What we need to know is if it is a distance, an angle or whatever.
3) The circles.

These are also ambiguous cause there is 12 of them which is also a factor of 120, which means that each of the circles is 10 units further out from the previous.

so you crazy AIs, if I have hit on any thuths here, please give us a sign.

Also put some thought into the answer which may be alpha, numeric or both.

Happy Puzzleing!

mysog

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.