Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

what I see so far...

Posted By: matt
Date: 2002.7.12.16.22

okay, the one fact that we have is that the dashed yellow line connecting the two green dots shows that the right dot (the one way outside the largest circle) is supposed to be where the left one is in the diagram. This was confirmed by Durandal I think.

Taking this into account, we know that all the green dots except one are in lower left quadrant, and all the red dots are in the upper right. Also, as pointed out in a previous message, the two series of dots are evenly spaced out away from the center of the diagram, and that there is only one dot of each color in each ring. This lack of randomness in the dots placement suggests to me that their xy coordinates do not matter, but rather their level.

The dashes do seem somewhat random in their position. You cannot associate one to a certain ring more than you can another. This suggests that their position does hold a value, and I think that this is where the 120 comes into effect. I think that 120 is the radius of the circle in relation to the dashes. and so a dash has a value -120My conclusion is that the dots come in red/green pairs, based on their ring layer and that the dashes are x(green),y(red) coordinates.

Of course I could be wrong, but maybe now it will line op with some sort of chart...

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.