Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: New mirrors?

Posted By: Frigidmanª
Date: 2001.10.13.11.47

In Response To: New mirrors? (TangentPlane)

: Any chance of new mirrors for Resurrection? Just asking
: because it seems like Evihcra is being handed its ass
: right now.

For your information... and for others... the server is running fine, and has been since the announcement hit the streets. The ftp pipes are not getting maxed out.

I've said this many times before, will say it again, slowness is not always the cause of the "server" you are attempting to reach, but rather the connection between you and said server. Recently with this nimda crud going around, speeds for all sorts of things have been reduced and harmed in spuratic ways.

(begin whinny voice)"but i git fazt speed to othr servs mahn!"(end whinny voice).
Yes, you might. Doesn't mean we are the cause of your slowdown to our servers.

Personally, I downlaoded the M:R 1.1 at 95kps. Thats 10kps shy of my potential. And the slowness was due to my ISP being a heap of horse-pucky right now...

I also bet you only tried one of the ftp mirrors. All the ftp mirrors are located through different routes, and locations. If you click on the others and they are ALL slow to you... then maybe the problem is you.

Messages In This Thread

• New mirrors? -- TangentPlane -- 2001.10.12.15.18
    • Re: New mirrors? -- Hobeaux -- 2001.10.13.16.11
    • Re: New mirrors? -- Frigidmanª -- 2001.10.13.11.47

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.