Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

All my prayers answered!

Posted By: ittakes2
Date: 2001.7.29.23.57

Well all I have to say is, holycrapohmygodthisisfu*kingincredibleiamdrooling. I can now play wrath no more on my PC. Pretty much the only major problem I've had converting to the dark side (aside from windows) is not being able to play marathon. I've been patiently waiting for all the lazy ass programmers at the marathon open source project to release aleph one for windows with networking, but they are taking so long I think a bunch of monkeys with keyboards would be faster. Did I mention I love Wrath no more? Ahh, the good old days lugging my performa 6400 over to a friends' and playing 'thon into the night. Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Anyways as you can probably tell I think it's great! I liked rampancy too, but I dont think they have enough people working on that mod. At least rampancy kinda feels like a marathon kinda pasted into UT, while resurresction feels like a whole new game (almost). I only have one comment so far.

The shotguns reload *slow*. In marathon they were uber fast, you couldnt even really see what was happening unless you looked really carefully. It was really awesome to blast away superquick. It is cool how you replicated the reloading of marathon but they are just too darn slow.

Oh, wolfchild! A great job mapping so far, but if you're reading this you have to convert Thrud! Thrud is one of the most under-appreciated marathon maps ever. It is especially great if you only have a couple people because the map is so huge yet open it was hella fun to play hunter/hunted. It would work great in the UT engine. I could finally look down!

great job!

-clem

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.