Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Some clarifications...

Posted By: Tycho
Date: 2002.8.1.20.36

1. There were indeed only supposed to be 4 security levels (puzzles), but like Ethe said, you were too damn clever for your own good. Level 5 was supposed to stun and hold you back. We were a little worried wether it would be solvable, but we always knew our fallback were the hints and the fact that this was an open discussion exercise.

2. The counter was running almost all along.

3. By "demo" release we mean the release of M:R Demo, which is esentially a replica (with slight modifications and additions) of the original Marathon Demo release, if you remember almost 8 years ago now. The release will contain other MP fixes and additions, but the main roadblock that it hits is the fact that M:R now has good, enjoyable single player.

4. The full release is a ways off as there are a lot of maps to be made, some textures, some models to be finished (not many) and plenty of code and bugs to ironed out. This release will, sadly, not be perfect and none of them will, but we will NEVER release anything that we wouldn't be proud to associate with our names. It will take time, but we wouldn't have it any other way...hence the significant wait for this release in the first place. We think it will pay off.

5. I think everyone on the team has been pleasantly surprised with the feedback (99% of it anyway) and participation for these puzzles, and I believe the community as a whole has benefited from the engagement of ideas. Thank you for your participation and support...all of this was created with you, the fans, in mind and we are flattered to know that we do, in fact...have them =)

Last but not least, it would be interesting to know:
a. What was your favorite puzzle and why (method of solving, password resulting etc).
b. I had been mulling over an idea of an animation of the solving through all the puzzles. A visual representation of the solution of each puzzle which would end into a short film recorded from the actual demo release. If any of you care to take on such task, it would be a fun community project to undertake and I'd love to see it. I'd do it myself given infinite amount of time, but alas...that's not the case.

http://resurrection.bungie.org

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.