Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Jumping and Other things

Posted By: Rantmaster
Date: 2001.7.27.16.07

In Response To: Re: Jumping and Other things (energy52)

: Well, we've played M:R allot with our clan, and jumping
: in multiplayer is fun. It isn't a problem there. But
: single player is another story. All the maps,
: obstacles, puzzles weren't made with jumping in mind.
: Same for the psychics in those maps.

I think maybe I'm a little confused then here as to what Marathon:Ressurection is doing for single player mode: you're saying that they're not actually creating a new story with new maps, but instead rehashing the classic Marathon game? If this is so, well, I suppose I can then understand the reasoning behind not being able to jump. You don't want the players to have an unfair advantage that they wouldn't have had before.

I guess that's why they call it 'Ressurection' as opposed to 'Reincarnation', which would imply something new and different. And that's what *I'd* like to see in my Marathon. Something that combines the old with the new.

Sadly, I have little programming skills of my own, else I'd work to bring this about...I'm a writer, not a programmer. Then again, if you need a master plotter to come up with a backstory for a newer, shinier Marathon, I'd be willing to devote my time and energy to *that* :)

At any rate, rock on. I'll stil be sure to download the SP beta once I can get the prog, seeing as, unfortunately, I have no one to play multiplayer with and no Internet connection on my souped-up home PC....the cablemodem is hooked up to my sad old 7200 Power mac. :}

-The Rantmaster

The Rantmaster's Theatre

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.