Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Flashback

Posted By: Running Target
Date: 2001.7.27.12.17

When I was in sixth grade, someone noticed that I always wanted to sit in the first row so I could see the board. They had my eyes tested, and I learned that I needed glasses. When I got my prescription, and put on my glasses for the first time, it was amazing. Everything was clearer, more detailed, more beautiful.

That happened again last night, when I played the single player version of Marathon: Resurrection.

It was the same as before, only clearer, more detailed, more beautiful. And yet, it brought back unexpected feelings as well. Every time I went around a corner, I felt an uneasiness, a feeling of dread. I realized I was recalling the presence of aliens from many years ago. I kept expecting to see them, and it really freaked me out.

Outstanding experience, folks. Absolutely top notch. I can't believe how well you've captured the Marathon experience. Bring on the aliens!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.