Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

tweaks to things

Posted By: Peterius
Date: 2001.7.26.10.17

The beta looks good. You all did a nice job recreating all the textures and the feel is almost there. The only thing I could say is that some of the damage and reload speeds need tweaking. I mean the rocket launcher reloads so slowly that it completely negates the damage. And I think gravity pulls to heavily on the rockets. They drop in altitude a little more quickly then in marathon which means you have to adjust for them similar to the way you adjust for grenades. Marathon had them going pretty much just straight and not dropping off for a while. I also think the grenades should do a wee bit more damage. My rule of thumb was that a rocket killed someone and a grenade, half of a rocket, took two shots to kill someone. I've shot three or four grenades at people before they hit the ground. I also think you can jump to high and run too fast. You could have a slider like in UT for those who like fast paced games but I think the speed takes away from the marathon feel. And I guess other people have commented about other weapon's reload speeds, firing rates, projectile speeds, and damage. Some weapons are a little too good, some weapons aren't good enough. I mean this is the kind of game where you run around franticly looking for a better weapon(MA-75B) because the one you've got just can't kick enough of the volumes of ass you're about to be hit with in that big room. The MA-75B should be that much better. Make us want the ammo. I'm saying all this as a minor critique. The Unpfhorgiven Team did a GREAT JOB. I'm just hoping you'll really duplicate the marathon feel. Perfection is a few tests and keystrokes away.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.