Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Handiness Problem

Posted By: Khral
Date: 2001.7.25.23.55

There's a bug regarding the handiness of weapons.

While playing a botmatch I tried to center my weapon on the screen like how it was in the original Marathon. I go under the game prefs and choose center for the handiness setting. After closing the preferences and returning to the game, the MA-75 became centered as it should be. However, when switching weapons it goes back to the right hand setting. It seems Resurrection is overriding the preferences and doesn't allow you to choose which hand your weapon appears on (or whether it's centered).

I then tried something else. I started a new botmatch (by not selecting "every man for himself" or "last man standing" gametype). My player spawns with the enforcer and generic UT HUD, but it still uses Resurrection weapons and sounds. I then tried to the center my weapon while in the game, and this time it actually worked. Half of the weapons were centered correctly, just to verify that it is possible. However, halfway through the game my player went back to being right handed again. ARGH!!

I then quit UT and opened the User.ini file. I made sure "handiness" was set to "0" for the center location. I then locked the User.ini file on the desktop (for Mac) and then launched UT again. I started a botmatch... but again the weapon was in my right hand.

Is there any fix to this? What I want is my weapon to be centered on the screen. When it does work, it helps your aim GREATLY. So far it temporarily works on the MA-75 and SMG. The single magnum, single shotgun, and fusion pistol are always right-handed (should be fixed). The missile launcher and fists are left handed, and it should obviously stay that way. Dual shotguns and pistols should obviously be left alone.

So what I'm asking is... would it be possible to allow the player to make the single magnum, single shotgun, fusion pistol, MA-75, and SMG stay centered? I really hope a future patch corrects this.

Messages In This Thread

• Handiness Problem -- Khral -- 2001.7.25.23.55
    • Also... -- Khral -- 2001.7.26.00.03

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.