Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

More musings on #4

Posted By: Locucious
Date: 2002.7.10.09.57

It appears that this problem didn't get solved overnight... that's unusual. Anyway, here are a few things to note about the puzzle:

The page source tells us that the passwords are a max of 14 characters long, which also happens to be the greatest number of dots. More than just coincidence, I'd say. The dots most likely tell us the number of letters in each word.

The arrows are most likely the direction in which to read the word out of the grid. This begs the question where to start reading, to which I have no answer. :P

The shapes seem to me to be the key to whatever string is read out of the table. My guess is an alphabetical shift, with the sign and the number of sides in the figure telling you how many characters to shift the alphabet. That was used (too) heavily during the glyph puzzle, and I would be less than suprised if it was used here.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.