Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: old school mac user want to convert to pc game

Posted By: Djof
Date: 2002.6.7.18.17

In Response To: old school mac user want to convert to pc game (McRae)

: Hey I played marathon obsessively when it first came out
: in 94 thru 96-97 when the third game came out. I want
: to get into it again. So what's the deal with the PC
: version now? Can I play multiplayer online? if so who
: starts games?

You can play Marathon:Resurrection (commonly called M:R) on PC or Mac via Unreal Tournament. The M:R mod is still in beta, and for now, and only multiplayer is available.

You need to join servers to play online, but the best way to find other players and to join a game is to log into the #marathon channel at irc.utchat.com. If you don't know what IRC (Internet Chat Relay) is, you should start by downloading mIRC at www.mirc.com (for PC) or IRCle at www.ircle.com (for Mac) and follow the help on how to connect to a server and join a channel. If you can't get it right, email me at etienne@novat.qc.ca, I'll try to get you on, instruct you on how to play.

You can also play the three original games with Aleph One, the free sourced Marathon engine, visit source.bungie.org.

For question and comments concerning Aleph One, post at http://forums.bungie.org/story.

Djof
"Je me souviens"

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.