Title
Game
Community
Media
SPEAK YOUR MIND

"Does the distance one travels from center make one more free to move?"

"No. Freedom has two parts: potential and resolution; as metaphor has two parts: form and interpretation. Of course, the two are intertwined. Metaphor lines the road to freedom, as symbols and words are the bricks and mortar of meaning. Freedom is being the bricoleur, the mason."

Discord!
Visit Marathon:Resurrection on Discord to chat.

Old school. IRC!
Visit #marathon on irc.gamesurge.net to chat and gather net games.
Make sure you create a user profile. You can't post without one!

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum

Re: Music

Posted By: Tycho
Date: 2002.3.29.01.28

In Response To: Re: Music (Sunjammer)

: Dont get me wrong i dont HATE the soundtrack =) Hence im
: asking if you couldnt "update it", ie work
: on the same themes and the like but add a y2k flavor.

First off: I checked your site and your tracks and I'm downloading your live set...great stuff. Good job!

Second: It seems I have repeat myself every few months with this. Everybody these days, has fun toys to play with to make cool, groovy, slamming music..from fatmans, to polymorphs, to decks, and mixers oh my. It's lots of fun, and a hardworking, creative marathon buff could pump out lots of nifty stuff to an amp and a good set of speakers. That's all fun and games and would be great...BUT people forget that music for UT is TRACKED! If you know what tracking is and feel so inclined to actually track (and not split a big mp3 in a couple of instruments and call them a pattern) new original marathon stuff..please do! We'd love have it and put you on this team...however, if all you've got are MP3s, and not XMs, S3Ms, MODs, MADs made out of instruments with tracked patterns, then THAT's why we can't have other original music tracks =)...I hope that answers your questions.

Messages In This Thread

• Music -- Sunjammer -- 2002.3.28.05.26
    • Re: Music -- Durandal -- 2002.3.28.10.42
      • Re: Music -- Sunjammer -- 2002.3.29.00.03
        • Re: Music -- Tycho -- 2002.3.29.01.28
    • Re: Music -- Guns 'N Ammo -- 2002.3.28.06.24
      • Re: Music -- Jungle Pickle -- 2002.4.6.01.02

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message,
please provide the URL address of the image file:

Optional Image URL:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

| View Thread | | Post Response | | Return to Index | | Read Prev Msg | | Read Next Msg |

Marathon: Resurrection Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.01.